Our practice’s fees are consistent with the rate set by the Association of Psychologists of Nova Scotia ($210/therapy hour, which includes 50-minutes of direct service and 10 minutes allotted for record keeping on your psychologist’s part). The fees for services at Developing Minds are as follows:
- Intake session – $315 (75-minute session)
- Recurrent sessions – $210 (50-minute session)
Children & Adolescents
Our psychologists provide treatment services to children and adolescents for a wide variety of concerns:
- Mental Health & Emotions: Depression and Mood, Anxiety, Emotion Regulation, Trauma, Behavioural Difficulties, Aggression and Anger
- Adjustment and Well-Being: Family Stress and Conflict, Self-Esteem, Grief and Loss, Coping with Life Stressors, School Difficulties, Peer Relationships
- Health: Sleep, Toileting Challenges, Coping with Chronic Illness, Chronic Pain, Medical and Dental Anxiety, Medication Taking
Our psychologists provide treatment services to young adults (up to age 25) related to concerns including:
- Mental Health & Emotions: Depression and Mood, Anxiety, Emotion Regulation.
- Adjustment and Well-Being: Family Stress and Conflict, Self-Esteem, Grief and Loss, Coping with Life Stressors, Transition to Post-Secondary, Interpersonal Difficulties
Typically for children younger than 6 years of age, parent consultation is the intervention of choice. Additionally, our team recognizes that parent/caregiver involvement is often critical to promoting positive outcomes for youth of all ages. Our psychologists provide parental consultation related to youth concerns, including:
- Behaviour: Aggression, Tantrums, Cooperation with Daily Activities, Attentional Difficulties, Hyperactivity/Impulsivity
- Psychoeducation: Understanding Diagnoses such as Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Intellectual Disabilities
- Adjustment and Well-Being: Family Stress and Conflict, Coping with Life Stressors, Social Difficulties, Communication, School Challenges
Groups & Workshops
Our clinic will be offering a parenting workshop aimed at providing strategies for managing challenges with children’s sleep. The workshop will be hosted by Dr. Ena Vukatana, Registered Psychologist, and Nicole MacKenzie, Psychology Practicum Student.
Sleep from A to Zzz: Strategies for managing challenges with children’s sleep
Good sleep is essential for children’s health and development; however, many children experience challenges with sleep, including trouble falling and/or staying asleep, and sleepiness during the day. When it comes to coping with these challenges, many caregivers may feel overwhelmed or unsure of how to support their child. This virtual workshop is for caregivers of children and youth looking for science-based solutions to manage the sleep difficulties. The session will provide an introduction to sleep in childhood, with a focus on highlighting strategies your family can use to manage sleep challenges across childhood and early adolescence. The workshop is most appropriate for children ages 12 and under. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions about their specific concerns, answered by our team.
Date: Oct 25, 2022; 6:00 to 7:30pm
Cost: $100 (receipt for insurance coverage will be provided to all participants)
Modality: Virtual session on Teams
RSVP: If you are interested, please RSVP to email@example.com; more than one parent or caregiver from the same household is welcome to attend.